4 May 2014

Sheep-mode

Carrying on from the theme of new and exciting challenges, I have another one on the go. I have been accepted for the Highland Wool Festival as a “sheep artist”. The show will be a celebration of wool with all sorts of makers who use wool in their work. My stall of course, will be slightly different – celebrating the source of the raw material – the sheep! So, I now have just a few weeks left until 24 May to put together enough new paintings to take to the show, and design an interesting display around the constraints of a sheep market pen without spending a fortune. I’ve ordered the frames, just some painting to fit in which has been a bit difficult of late! This weekend I slipped into the required sheep-mode using a pastel sheep drawing as a demo for my first workshop – drawing animals. The day was fully booked with budding artists, aged 8 to 80, filling the room with piles of paper and pastel dust. I really enjoyed it and hope to see the same faces again at my second workshop at the end of the month. 









No comments: