7 Jul 2013

A peasant in the garden

The last few days have been spent in Scone, Perthshire visiting the Scottish Game Fair. We bought a combined ticket including Scone Palace. However, access to the Palace from the game fair proved to be difficult. We followed two others who ignored the bold no entry signs, climbed the stile into the garden, walked towards the Palace and went out of sight - so we did the same. They were strident tweedy types who obviously looked less peasant-like than me, with my red DMs and camera. I was immediately stopped in my tracks by her ladyship who came running across the lawn waving her newspaper. I switched off the East Anglian accent and negotiated a shortcut across the private lawn to the public entrance. Exhausted from our day out we stopped in a quiet country lane for a flask of tea. I set up painting station in a field of barley, with my “clay pigeon stool” bought at the fair, whilst Henry had a doze in the van. After a short while a car pulled up alongside the field and a frowning man jumped out. I thought it was going to be another “get off my land” situation, so I jumped up from behind the gate smiled and said “helloo?”.   “Oh” he said, “I hadn’t seen you there. Are you ok? I thought he was dead!”. Looking towards Henry I agreed he didn’t look very perky!
You can see this week's daily painting efforts from the tab above.


2 comments:

PatsyColchester said...

LOL.. he thought you would paint the landscape before disposing of the body.....

PaintingWrite said...

Sounds like you've been having quite an adventure!