23 Apr 2017

REWIND

Only a few days after my last blog post everything began to change, but at last I’d say things are getting back to normal and I have begun to find some time (energy) to get back to my artwork.

Titus’s last chase of the ball, before we turned back from the beach, ended in a dislocated wrist and ruptured ligaments. Henry drove across the river to rescue us and we haven’t been back since. After 2 months in a splint, 2 months of hydrotherapy, major surgery and a total of 8 months wearing a lampshade, Mr T is slowly building up his muscles and inching his way back to the beach.

In the meantime, we moved into the fabulous new house that Henry built, box by box, every weekend for a few months. Every box full of memories, goodies and “stuff” that we had managed to live without for the last 4 years. It was like a prolonged Christmas.
Filling my new studio was amazing. On a Sunday evening I would sit just looking at it for ages, in awe of having my own space to work in. Henry was rewarded with putting his books (1500 of them) onto shelves for the first time in decades. And as for kitchen “stuff” – well, I had forgotten how much cooking I used to do,  and now love messing about in the kitchen again creating culinary delights.
Operation “cushion” lasted a while too – excited by being reunited with my fabric box, I made a grand total of 8 cushions, covered a chair, made some roman blinds and set myself up to complete a number of “UFO’s” (including a bedspread I started 15 years ago).

So, not much painting but plenty of creativity over the last 9 months. Below is a completed commission: a “thankyou-for-mending-me” card from the patient to his surgeon.




1 comment:

PatsyColchester said...

What a 'journey' Angela! So pleased all is coming good now and full of admiration of your achievements in such an immense uphill struggle.

It really is wonderful that you can find time and inclination to stop and smell the roses. Bless you. xoxo